The Birmingham South Domestic Violence Forum is a network of local services, groups and organisations who come together to share information about domestic abuse issues and better develop services for victims who experience domestic abuse in south Birmingham.
The Forum meets quarterly and has been responsible for several partnership domestic abuse initiatives and projects, including:
- Awareness raising campaigns for communities and staff- Christmas and New Year “First Night”; “Domestic Abuse No Excuse”
- Training programme for local staff and groups
- Self-assessment to help services and centres deliver safe services according to Birmingham’s Inter-agency Domestic Violence Standards
The last Forum met on 15th February focusing on coercive control. Please see the Resources section to view useful information and links from the Forum.
The next Forum meeting will be in April 2016, more details to follow. If you would like to find out more about the Forum, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also see the following links:
- Domestic Abuse No Excuse
- First Night Campaign 2013/14
- Forum members and services
- Forum resources, links and useful info